Safi Law Group: Experienced Law Office in Edmonton
Meet Sangin (Sam) Safi, Founder of Safi Law Group
Sangin (Sam) Safi founded Safi Law Group in 2019 after practicing law at two general practice law firms in Edmonton and area. Prior to law school, Sam worked as an auditor and an appeals officer for the Canada Revenue Agency. He has also spent some time working in the insurance industry and retail sales.
Currently, Sam maintains a litigation-oriented practice with a special focus on motor vehicle accident claims. However, he is also able to provide services with respect to contested divorce/family law matters. Sam is also a sessional instructor at MacEwan University and teaches Introductory Business Law in the School of Business. Sam is an active member of the Law Society of Alberta, Canadian Bar Association, and Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association and a regular attendee at Legal Education Society of Alberta seminars.
Sam’s experiences in a variety of legal practice areas as well as his experiences working in other sectors, provide him with a unique competitive advantage over his peers as he can look at issues from a variety of perspectives and give his clients comprehensive and holistic advice. Due to Sam’s unmatched experience and proven results, he is widely sought after by clients. See what Sam’s previous clients have to say about him by reading his reviews on LawyerRatingz.com.
- Education: Juris Doctor (2015), Bachelor of Commerce (with Distinction) (2009).
- Called to the Bar: Alberta (2016).
- Languages: Pashto and Hindi/Urdu.
- Personal interests: Sam enjoys travelling with family, exploring “hidden gem” restaurants around the world, and reading about history, politics, and economics.
- LinkedIn: Follow Sam on LinkedIn.
Meet Bréifne Quigley, Associate Lawyer
Bréifne Quigley was called to the Alberta Bar in September 2021. Prior to moving to Canada in 2015, she completed her Law with Irish degree at the University of Ulster, Magee. Bréifne completed her National Committee on Accreditation (NCA) requirements while working as a legal assistant. Bréifne was a legal assistant for around 5 years before being called to the Alberta Bar, and as such, brings a wealth of knowledge from different areas of the law.
Bréifne developed an interest in divorce/family law while she was completing her NCA exams and her main area of practice is now divorce, separation agreements, child custody and all things family-related.
- Education: Law with Irish (LLB (Hons)).
- Called to the Bar: Alberta (2021).
- Personal Interests: Travelling, baking, reading true crime books and listening to true crime podcasts.
- LinkedIn: Follow Bréifne on LinkedIn.
Meet Afzal Shah, Associate Lawyer
Afzal joined Safi Law Group in the Spring of 2022. His practice is primarily focused on Personal Injury and Wills and Estates. Prior to joining the SLG team, Afzal maintained a general practice in Saskatchewan where he gained diverse legal experiences in the areas of Wills and Estates, Civil Litigation, Criminal Law and Personal Injury. Afzal articled at one of Southern Ontario’s top-rated criminal defense firms after obtaining his law degree from the University of Saskatchewan. He is currently licensed to practice law both in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Prior to starting law school, Afzal worked in the sales and customer services industry for a number of years. He brings with him the vigour of a sales-man in his approach to legal advocacy for his clients. Afzal thrives on meticulously construed systems that ensure efficiency and thorough execution. In his practice, Afzal is constantly striving to develop new efficient systems and enhance existing ones to ensure our clients get the best possible experience.
- Education: Juris Doctor (2017), Bachelor of Arts (with Great Distinction) (2013).
- Called to the Bar: Alberta (2022); Saskatchewan (2020); Ontario (2020).
- Languages: Pashto and Urdu/Hindi.
- Personal interests: Afzal enjoys spending time with his family, being a foodie, travelling and working out.
- LinkedIn: Follow Afzal on LinkedIn.
Meet Nonzwakazi (Nonzwa) Dlamini, Legal Assistant
Nonzwa completed a legal assistant diploma and is now a legal assistant at our firm, providing her support in family, personal injury, wills & estates and civil litigation law.
Nonzwa has always been interested in the legal field and aspires to become a lawyer someday.
- Personal Interests: Travelling, reading about history & other cultures, baking & gardening.
- Languages: Siswati, Zulu.
- LinkedIn: Follow Nonzwa on LinkedIn.