Safi Law Group: Experienced Law Office in Edmonton
Meet Sangin (Sam) Safi, Founder of Safi Law Group
Sangin (Sam) Safi founded Safi Law Group in 2019 after practicing law at two general practice law firms in Edmonton and area. Prior to law school, Sam worked as an auditor and an appeals officer for the Canada Revenue Agency. He has also spent some time working in the insurance industry and retail sales.
Currently, Sam maintains a litigation-oriented practice with a special focus on motor vehicle accident claims. However, he is also able to provide services with respect to contested divorce/family law matters. Sam is also a sessional instructor at MacEwan University and teaches Introductory Business Law in the School of Business. Sam is an active member of the Law Society of Alberta, Canadian Bar Association, and Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association and a regular attendee at Legal Education Society of Alberta seminars.
Sam’s experiences in a variety of legal practice areas as well as his experiences working in other sectors, provide him with a unique competitive advantage over his peers as he can look at issues from a variety of perspectives and give his clients comprehensive and holistic advice. Due to Sam’s unmatched experience and proven results, he is widely sought after by clients. See what Sam’s previous clients have to say about him by reading his reviews on LawyerRatingz.com.
- Education: Juris Doctor (2015), Bachelor of Commerce (with Distinction) (2009).
- Called to the Bar: Alberta (2016).
- Languages: Pashto and Hindi/Urdu.
- Personal interests: Sam enjoys travelling with family, exploring “hidden gem” restaurants around the world, and reading about history, politics, and economics.
- LinkedIn: Follow Sam on LinkedIn.
Meet Bréifne Quigley, Associate Lawyer
Bréifne Quigley was called to the Alberta Bar in September 2021. Prior to moving to Canada in 2015, she completed her Law with Irish degree at the University of Ulster, Magee. Bréifne completed her National Committee on Accreditation (NCA) requirements while working as a legal assistant. Bréifne was a legal assistant for around 5 years before being called to the Alberta Bar, and as such, brings a wealth of knowledge from different areas of the law.
Bréifne developed an interest in divorce/family law while she was completing her NCA exams and her main area of practice is now divorce, separation agreements, child custody and all things family-related.
- Education: Law with Irish (LLB (Hons)).
- Called to the Bar: Alberta (2021).
- Personal Interests: Travelling, baking, reading true crime books and listening to true crime podcasts.
- LinkedIn: Follow Bréifne on LinkedIn.
Meet Afzal Shah, Associate Lawyer
Afzal joined Safi Law Group in the Spring of 2022. Prior to joining the SLG team, Afzal maintained a general practice in Saskatchewan, where he gained diverse legal experiences in the areas of Wills and Estates, Civil Litigation, Criminal Law and Personal Injury. Afzal articled at one of Southern Ontario’s top-rated criminal defense firms after obtaining his law degree from the University of Saskatchewan. He is currently licensed to practice law both in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Afzal has dedicated his practice to providing exceptional legal representation to clients in the areas of general civil litigation and estate litigation. With a particular interest in insurance claim litigation, Mr. Shah’s focus is on helping his clients recover compensation for losses suffered as a result of property damage, personal injury, and other claims. With an unwavering commitment to his client’s best interests, Afzal is a fierce advocate for those seeking to hold insurance companies accountable.
In estate disputes, Afzal has successfully represented clients in contested probate and trust matters, including will contests, breach of fiduciary duty claims, and disputes over asset distribution. With an eye toward preserving family harmony and minimizing conflict, Afzal is adept at navigating the emotional complexities of estate litigation.
Afzal’s practice in the area of elderly law includes representing clients in matters related to guardianship and trusteeship, elder abuse and neglect, financial fraud against elders, and other issues affecting seniors. With a deep compassion for the unique challenges facing older adults, Afzal is committed to protecting their rights and ensuring their well-being.
- Education: Juris Doctor (2017), Bachelor of Arts (with Great Distinction) (2013).
- Called to the Bar: Alberta (2022); Saskatchewan (2020); Ontario (2020).
- Languages: Pashto and Urdu/Hindi.
- Personal interests: Afzal enjoys spending time with his family, being a foodie, travelling and working out.
- LinkedIn: Follow Afzal on LinkedIn.
Meet Isaac Wiznura, Associate Lawyer
Isaac Wiznura joined Safi Law Group in the Spring of 2023 with a practice primarily focused on Family Law and Civil Litigation. Isaac received his Juris Doctor (2021) from the University of Alberta before completing his articles at a litigation-focused firm in the lower mainland in British Columbia. He has been called to the Bar in both Alberta and British Columbia.
Prior to law school, Isaac worked in various customer-facing positions, giving him a ‘people-first’ mentality to his work, which lends him a nuanced and conscientious approach to his clients. This approach drew him to and now serves him well in his family-oriented practice.
- Education: Juris Doctor (2021), Bachelor of Arts (2017).
- Called to the Bar: British Columbia (2022), Alberta (2022).
- Personal interests: Travelling, reading, discovering new places to eat, playing board games with his friends, and spending time with family.
- LinkedIn: Follow Isaac on LinkedIn.
Meet Nonzwakazi (Nonzwa) Dlamini, Legal Assistant
Nonzwa completed a legal assistant diploma and is now a legal assistant at our firm, providing her support in family, personal injury, wills & estates and civil litigation law.
Nonzwa has always been interested in the legal field and aspires to become a lawyer someday.
- Personal Interests: Travelling, reading about history & other cultures, baking & gardening.
- Languages: Siswati, Zulu.
- LinkedIn: Follow Nonzwa on LinkedIn.
Meet Rola Sajim, Office Administrator and Receptionist
Rola is the newest member of our team, coming to us with a wealth of knowledge, graduating from Grant MacEwan University with both Legal Assistant and Business Management diplomas and has currently taken the role of our Office Administrator and Receptionist.
As our Office Administrator, Rola maintains the organization of office operations and procedures. She possesses excellent communication skills that assist in her Receptionist role.
Rola has a keen interest in the law, learning from the ground up, to one day pursuing her dream of becoming a lawyer.
- Personal Interests: Travelling, baking, enjoys all outdoor physical activities and spending time with her family and friends.
- Languages: Arabic.
- LinkedIn: Follow Rola on LinkedIn.