Safi Law Group: Experienced Law Office in Edmonton
Meet Sangin (Sam) Safi, Founder of Safi Law Group
Sangin (Sam) Safi founded Safi Law Group in 2019 after practicing law at two general practice law firms in Edmonton and area. Prior to law school, Sam worked as an auditor and an appeals officer for the Canada Revenue Agency. He has also spent some time working in the insurance industry and retail sales.
Currently, Sam maintains a litigation-oriented general practice, with a special focus on high net worth divorces, serious motor vehicle accident injury cases and probates. However, Sam is able to provide a variety of services in the areas of Divorce & Family Law, Civil Litigation, Wills & Estates, Real Estate and Immigration. Sam is also a sessional instructor at MacEwan University and teaches Introductory Business Law in the School of Business. Sam is an active member of the Law Society of Alberta, Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association and a regular attendee at Legal Education Society of Alberta seminars.
Sam’s experiences in a variety of legal practice areas as well as his experiences working in other sectors, provides him a unique competitive advantage over his peers as he can look at issues from a variety of perspectives and give his clients comprehensive and holistic advice. Due to Sam’s unmatched experience and proven results, he is widely sought after by clients. See what Sam’s previous clients have to say about him by reading his reviews on LawyerRatingz.com.
- Education: Juris Doctor (2015), Bachelor of Commerce (with Distinction) (2009)
- Called to the Bar: Alberta (2016)
- Languages: Pashto and Hindi/Urdu.
- Personal interests: Sam enjoys travelling with family, exploring “hidden gem” restaurants around the world, and reading about history, politics, and economics.
- LinkedIn: Follow Sam on LinkedIn.
Meet Abena Wiafe, Articling Student
Abena Wiafe is a recent graduate of the University of Alberta where she completed her National Committee on Accreditation requirements. Prior to moving to Canada, Abena lived in England and had her legal education there where she got called to the Bar of England and Wales in March 2019.
During Abena’s legal education in England, she assisted on three high profile international family law trials and has had the opportunity to assist other lawyers in a few immigration and corporate law matters as well as criminal matters.
During the summer of 2020, Abena worked as a legal assistant to the founder of Safi Law Group, Sangin (Sam) Safi and supported Sam in his different areas of practice. In this period, Abena expanded on her knowledge of family law matters, wills and estates matters, real estate, and immigration law. Abena is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and a volunteer with the Edmonton Community Legal Centre.
Abena will be articling with Safi Law Group beginning September 2020 and is expecting to be called to Alberta Bar in the spring of 2021.
- Education: Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (2017), Master of Laws (2018), Bar Professional Training (2018)
- Called to the Bar: England and Wales (2019)
- Personal Interests: Reading crime novels, watching crime shows, travelling and experiencing different cultures and food.
- LinkedIn: Follow Abena on LinkedIn
Meet Stephanie Shoobridge, Legal Assistant / Office Manager
Stephanie Shoobridge joined Safi Law Group in September 2020, after her tenure at a Real Estate focused firm for 3 years. Her extensive experience with residential Real Estate transactions has allowed for tremendous growth at Safi Law Group’s Real Estate practice.
During Stephanie’s tenure at her previous firm, she gained experience in all aspects of residential Real Estate transactions, including:
- Purchases with mortgages
- Transfers of land
- New home builds
- Assignment of rents
- Easements and encroachments
- All other Alberta Land Titles Office related duties.
Stephanie is looking at becoming a Paralegal in the coming years and is excited to learn more about the other areas of law with Safi Law Group.
- Education: Accounting Diploma (2018)
- Personal Interests: Member of the Gibbons Legion Dart League, camping and outdoors, ATV’s, coaching minor soccer, spending time with her dogs and children.
- LinkedIn: Follow Stephanie on LinkedIn